Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Preppy in Plaid



I wore this outfit to work this week and got several compliments on this vintage, plaid wool skirt - though I actually can't claim any credit for it.  The original owner of the skirt is my mom! As you know, I'm a big fan of borrowing from Mom's closet. Over the holidays, I had this skirt tailored to fit my size, and I've been wearing it nonstop since. 

When it comes to dressing for the office in the winter, I've found that layering is key.  Between the chilly San Francisco winds and frigid office A/C, my fail-proof work uniform usually consists of the following: a wool sweater layered over a silk dress shirt, blazer, pencil skirt, tights, and black pumps. At work, I tend to keep my accessories simple and on the conservative side.  Arm parties unfortunately don't work for me at the office, since I've found that a stack of bangles can often hinder typing (not to mention clank loudly and embarrassingly during meetings).  A single necklace or bracelet usually pulls together an outfit, while keeping it professional.         

What does your typical work outfit consist of?

*****

What I'm Wearing / Where to Shop:

Banana Republic Work Tote
Vintage Skirt (from Mom)
Gianni Bini Patent Pumps (similar)

*****

'Til next time!

Love, S


36 comments:

  1. I can see why you got so many compliments. What a well put together outfit and gorgeous skirt! Dare I say way to go Mom! It's nice to see such a quality piece getting handled down.

    xx Mandi
    www.findmeamuse.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. a super cool preppy look! you look amazzzinggg :)

    Love,
    Pudding Monster

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous look sweetie ! love it !

    XX Luba

    Well Living Blog : posting from Antiq Palace in Ljubljana
    http://www.well-living-blog.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice coat!

    Z
    Join in my own Golden Globe awards
    http://www.are-we-on-time.com/2013/01/my-own-golden-globe-
    awards.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very classic look! You really have a wonderful and graceful taste.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! Reminds me of Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl :P

    Good work with the blog, hun!

    Katie-xo
    www.ispytrends.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. so classy. and you look so pretty too ♥♥

    http://pinktearydream.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love - so polished and chic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look fantastic. i always have some form of blazer on for work.

    phiphi's blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Im just about to start a new job and this ensemble couldn't be more perfect for the ocassion. Beautifully layered and put together.
    Hope your having a great week.
    *Molli-Dae
    MDVoutlet.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous, just gorgeous!!!! Hope the new job is going well!
    xo
    girlintheyellowdress.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great work outfit !

    http://fashionramble.com

    Sincerely,

    Anastasia // Fashion Ramble

    ReplyDelete
  13. love your look, it's beautiful! xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this outfit - so preppy and chic!
    Lexi @ Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete
  15. awesome look, love the bag!
    http://sepatuholig.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your style. It's decent-looking but very chic! :)

    xx Daphne of http://daphnebenosa.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your look! It's sophistocated and chic.

    I'm following you now ;D

    xoxo Julieta
    www.vjuliet.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. I can see why you got so many compliments! Beautiful and sophisticated! Perfect for work. Love the look, S!

    I absolutely adore your blog and style, happy to be following!

    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your outfit reminds me a bit of Blair in the 1st season of Gossip Girl. Preppy chic!

    Abi
    http://thebelatedbloomer.blogspot.com
    twitter and instagram: @BelatedBloomer

    ReplyDelete
  20. gorgeous! great balance of colour and pattern in your outfit!
    love the added sunglasses
    A
    www.23ofashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  21. This is such a great preppy look!! I've coveting that BR bag of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love that look! New follower!

    Kisses*

    ReplyDelete
  23. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  24. this outfit gives me LIFE
    www.lamodemm.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  25. oh my,this look is so cool

    www.thefunshionmistress.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. love your skirt so cute!
    Any idea where i could get one similar?

    ReplyDelete
  27. this outfit is perfection! love it!

    http://fashionmisfitz.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  28. OH MY GOD! amazing you look like Blair Waldorf!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello! Could you help? Where to find spa supplies?

    ReplyDelete